1. Course enrolement
- This agreement concerns the provision of courses by School of Sports Massage and the course student.
- All information provided by School of Sports Massage is given in good faith and School of Sports Massage will not be held responsible for actions taken by the student, any other individual or organisation as a result of the information provided during the training course.
- School of Sports Massage reserves the right to cancel or modify any training or event in its programme. In the event of a cancellation where an alternative cannot be provided, payment received in respect of that course will be refunded. See section 5 below.
- All course content is subject to change in accordance with directives implemented by Active IQ. School of Sports Massage will endeavour to give students as much notice as possible following any advance notification from Active IQ.
- School of Sports Massage reserves the right to refuse an application or give notice to a student to leave a course.
- All course students must be physically able to do the work, have good communication skills, have access to a computer and be at least 18 years of age. If you are concerned about a health condition or disability, please consult a medical professional and the School of Sports Massage before enrolling.
- School of Sports Massage will make every effort to accommodate special requirements that have been notified to them upon application.
- The applicant is responsible for checking the prerequisites of any course they sign up for. If you are unsure contact School of Sports Massage before booking a course.
- A place cannot be reserved on a course until a deposit or full payment has been received.
- If you have paid in full, £300 of your payment will be considered a deposit and will follow the same conditions as a deposit. See 10 and 11 below.
- After a period of 14 days from confirmation of your enrolment all deposits are non-refundable.
- All deposits are non-refundable 14 days prior to course commencement and point 10 above does not apply.
- Applications for refunds of any course fees paid, minus the deposit as per point 10 & 11 above will only be accepted from the course student providing the request has been made and received in writing by School of Sports Massage. If the course has started this will be worked out on a pro rata system. See point 13.
- The course student will become liable for the total fee of the course once 50% of the course duration has been completed.
- If a hard copy manual has been ordered and shipped, we cannot refund the cost of this unless we have cancelled the course then on the return of the manual a full reimbursement will be made.
2. Direct debit payments
- Direct debit payments are collected by GoCardless and this name will appear on your bank statement.
- A £300 deposit will be required to secure you place on the course date chosen. Please see section 1.9 regarding deposit refunds.
- There will be four direct debits of £300 taken monthly for the outstanding balance on the course.
- The course must be paid for in full before completion.
- If a payment is not received/declined access to all course material including workshop days will be suspended until the payment has been received.
- Any costs incurred in collecting missed payments will be the liability of the student.
- If the direct debit is cancelled before the completion of all payments, access to all course materials will be stopped with immediate effect and certification will not be released.
3. Attending practical training
- Students must attend ALL practical training dates for the course they are enrolling upon to be eligible for their award.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances, you are unable to attend a practical workshop you must advise School of Sports Massage as soon as is practical.
- If after commencing your practical training, you are unable to attend part of the remainder of your scheduled course date, you may arrange individual tuition (a ‘catch-up session’) with a course tutor from School of Sports Massage.
- This must take place before the continuation of the course you are enrolled upon, at a fee specified by School of Sports Massage.
- If this comprises the final day/s of your course, you must accept individual tuition offered within two calendar months of your course date/s missed.
- If this is not possible, you must follow section 4.
- These ‘catch-up’ sessions may be offered on a weekday or weekend, subject to tutor availability.
- Catch-up’ sessions normally cover the content missed in half the scheduled practical training time because one-to one tuition is usually more succinct, but this is subject to the content missed and confirmation from our academic staff.
- Please note that the maximum number of training days that you may cover by individual tuition is two from any one course. Once you reach this limit, missing any further tuition must be addressed by deferring as per section four below.
- All learners are responsible for any additional costs such as, accommodation, travel, food and so forth. Tea and coffee (and biscuits) will be available on practical days.
4. Course extensions and deferrals
- If after commencing your practical training, you are unable to attend individual tuition offered as described in section 3.3, above, you may apply to School of Sport Massage to defer and continue another course, subject to:
- Your application to defer being received in writing by School of Sports Massage.
- Availability of places, whereupon you will be required to recommence at the start of another course.
- Receipt of a course transfer fee which is payable before the transfer to an alternative course may be confirmed.
- We reserve the right to charge for any repeat training days as per the fees shown in the table below and at our discretion, in addition to the transfer fee indicated.
- If after enrolment, you are unable to commence or continue with your selected course dates, (or you miss more than two days of your practical training see section 3.3 you may apply to School of Sports Massage to defer and continue another course, subject to availability of places.
- Your application to defer must be received in writing by School of Sports Massage.
- Any request to defer if received fewer than 28 days before the first day of practical training for the course booked, will be subject to a course transfer fee.
- If deferring your training, you must recommence within 12 months of the enrolment date.
- If, after being offered optional places on at least two other courses under the same title in the 12 months since enrolment, you have not resumed your training after this time, your registration on this course will be terminated.
- In the event of a Course Student transferring to another course, we do not guarantee that the content of each day will remain the same. Courses are altered in accordance with Active IQ guidelines and developed following our own course reviews.
5. Course part or full cancellation
- We avoid cancelling any advertised course unless necessary. However, if we do not have enough students to proceed, we will reschedule and offer alternative dates.
- If you cannot attend the dates offered, we will at your request, provide you with a full refund.
- Please note that this does not extend to any reimbursement of the cost of accommodation or travel so please check before booking.
- If we are forced to cancel any part of our practical training due to circumstances beyond our control, such as inclement weather conditions, we will immediately schedule new date/s to cover the part of the course missed, and where appropriate this will be before the next scheduled part of the course training.
- Please note under these circumstances we cannot be held responsible for any reimbursement of the cost of accommodation or travel.
- We will try to match any weekend days cancelled, with rescheduled weekend dates and the same with weekdays but this will be subject to available training dates, tutors, and training facilities.
- We understand that not all students may be able to attend the new date/s and in these circumstances, we will liaise with you to resolve the issue. If you which to defer your practical training, we will advise you of available course dates. No transfer fees will be applicable in these circumstances.
6. Examinations and assessments
- All first attempt examination & assessment fees are included in our course fees, a further two attempts for each examination and assessment will be offered without cost to the student. After 3 attempts fees may be incurred for further attempts at examinations and assessments and will be chargeable in advance.
- If paying by direct debit, payments must be current before examinations and assessments can be undertaken. If you are unable to take the examination or assessment due to non-payment of fees an additional fee may be charged for the rescheduled examination or assessment.
- If you are unsuccessful on your theory examinations a one-to-one online revision session will be offered.
- After practical assessments a viva is conducted. If you have been unsuccessful we will offer you full feedback and guidance.
- All scheduled examinations dates are available on the calendar page of our website.
- All final submission dates for course work are available on the calendar page within Moodle.
- As well as examination and assessment dates being available on our website you will be emailed a schedule of all key dates.
- All course work must be handed in on the due date. If you are unable to complete the work on time contact School of Sports massage immediately.
- Failure to hand in course work on the due date may lead to delay in being able to sit exams or a delay in certification.
7. Additional fees
|Course administration fee||£70.00||Covering administration costs of change course requirements.|
|£70.00||Covering administration of deferring course or practical days.|
|Theory exam retake||£40.00||Charge per retake after 3rd attempt.|
|Practical assessment retake||£70.00||Charge per retake after 3rd attempt .|
|One to one tuition: half day||£120.00||Covering cost of tuition from missed practical workshops.|
|One to one tuition: full day||£190.00||Covering cost of tuition from missed practical workshops.|
|Repeat practical training day||£95.00||For deferred practical days.|
8. Mentoring programme
- The first three months of the mentoring programme are free of charge.
- After the three months is complete you can choose to cease the mentoring or continue with the mentoring programme for a fee.
- If you choose to continue the mentoring programme a fee of £15 a month will be charged by direct debit. There is no contract period, you can cancel in writing to School of Sports Massage at any time. Your direct debit will be cancelled on receipt of written request to leave the mentoring programme.
- Fees are payable in advance of each month.
- You can re-join the mentoring programme at any time.
- The free mentoring programme is only available after completing a level 3 or 4 sports massage qualification with School of Sports Massage and is not available after any short courses or CPD courses provided by School of Sports Massage.
- Your mentoring will begin on completion of your course, and you will be invited to book an online one to one initial meeting. This must be completed within one month of course completion.
- The free mentoring programme is not deferable and must be started on completion of the course.
- The free mentoring programme is not transferable.
- The free mentoring programme has no monetary value and no discounts or remuneration will be offered in place of the free mentoring programme.
- To ensure the best service to the learner one to ones must be booked in advance.
- School of Sports Massage will not be able to advise directly on treatment for specific clients.
- You will receive the following as your free mentoring programme:
- An initial one to one online review lasting between one to two hours (maximum two hours)
- A follow up one to one review online lasting between 30 to 60 minutes (maximum one hour)
- Email access to staff for quick quires (not specific to client treatment). We will endeavour to respond within 48 to 72 hours preferably sooner.
- Additional recourse on Moodle.
- Continued access to all course material covered in your qualification on Moodle.
- You will be invited to join a live online seminar as a CPD session based around setting up your own business.
- Discount on any available CPD courses.
- If you continue after the 3-month free mentoring programme you will receive the following:
- Monthly 30 minute one to one catch-up sessions online these must be booked in advance.
- Continued access to additional recourses.
- Regular bite size online live CPD sessions.
- Discount on any available full CPD sessions.
- Email access to staff for quick queries (not specific to client treatment). We will endeavour to respond within 48 to 72 hours, preferably sooner.
- School of Sports Massage reserves the right to cancel or modify any area of the mentoring programme.
- All information provided by School of Sports Massage is given in good faith and School of Sports Massage will not be held responsible for actions taken by the mentoree, any other individual or organisation as a result of the information provided during the mentoring programme.
- School of Sports Massage reserves the right to refuse an application or give notice to a mentoree to leave the mentoring programme
9. Student conduct
- Please ensure you read all policies and procedures.
- On practical days and live seminars School of Sports Massage asks all students to behave in a professional and respectful manor towards other students, clients and tutors.
- Inappropriate language, behaviour and actions will not be tolerated and you may be asked to leave the day or removed from the course completely.
- If you have to catch-up on work missed due to your behaviour you will be charged in line with the fees table above.
- If assessments or examinations are missed due to your behaviour you will be charged to resit them in accordance with the fees table above, regardless of the number of attempts taken.
- If you believe another students behaviour is inappropriate, please speak to the tutor on the day. Your concerns will be addressed where appropriate.
- If you have any complaints or which to dispute any examination or assessment decisions, please see the policies and procedures area of Moodle and follow the appropriate format to ensure School of Sports Massage can offer you the best resolution. Please start by speaking to the tutor or assessor on the day.
- Our training is held in a working clinic. All students must adhere to the rules of the clinic.
- All instructions given by the tutor must be followed.
Book with confidence. School of Sports Massage understands there are unforeseen circumstances in life. Once you are booked, and if an issue arises that will stop you completing all or part of the course, please contact us immediately and we will do all we can to find a fair solution. And if you really made it all the way to the bottom of the terms and conditions, then well done. Have a biscuit.